"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Thursday, September 29, 2011

meth head

i woke up in the middle of the night in a state somewhere between waking and dreaming. i knew i was awake, but i was having a dream moment. i jolted up in bed and looked to my left, where my sleeping laptop light, for a moment*, seemed to glow menacingly at me, and i thought it was a flashlight, or a microphone, that someone was watching me as i was sleeping. i imagined sirens, cop cars coming screaming down the street to snatch me. suddenly, i had bolted out of my bed and was frantically trying to pick up and hide the meth equipment i had imagined were in my room, beakers and tubes laying around on the floor beside my bed. i realized i was being crazy, so i gained control of my body and turned on the light. stood there in disbelief for a moment, in the stark sudden brightness of my room, and had to convince myself it was a dream.

i have been watching way too much Breaking Bad.


* that moment that also occurs when you look at the second hand of your watch and for a moment, that second seems to grow longer than any other second that comes after it due to your anticipation. is there a name for this brief slowing of time?

No comments: