"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Thursday, August 03, 2006

sketches






i want to start a project where i sketch various personalities i've met in my time in chicago, and at home.

it's hard, since i'm not a trained artist/cartoonist. but, as my dad pointed out to me when he mistook one of my sketches for a professional's, i always loved drawing when i was little.

perhaps with more encouragement and practice, i could get the hang of it.

...

so here are some drawings i did one day when i was bored at work.

more to come!

-stephanie

2 comments:

The ZenFo Pro said...

Oh awesome sketches. Hey, there's no sense in "training" to be an artist...

Linda like writing, actually. Wanna be a writer? Work in a post office ;)

Anonymous said...

I think my point in the above comment thread is that artistic expression is only better served by technique, which a learned behaviour that, in my experience, is not commonly shared. That is all.

I would suggest if you are truly interested in having fun with paper, check out an exhibit of traditional Chinese scroll art. After all, that is the origin of paper in the humanities.

at least we agree on stephanie's drawings being neat
ceau