"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

it's a giant among cliches


"...sing me Happy Birthday
sing it like it's going to be your last day
like its hallelujah
don't just let it pass on through ya
it's a giant among cliches
and that's why I want you to sing it anyway..."

-andrew bird



"Oh happy birthday, happy birthday.
Little Lisa, today is your day.
Sing hallelujah, you know they blew ya'.
There are too many, candles in your cake.
But don't you worry, there's no hurry.
The Jehovas are standing by your door.
And they're offering, eternal suffering.
Eternal life, but you say no.
Turn on the radio, clean the windows.
Do it in slow-mo, as the day unfolds.
Oh how the sun shines inside you, just like I do.
These days are gold.
The nights are silver, they make you shiver.
Tomorrow the Jehovas will come by.
And they will ask you of and excuse.
Not to accept eternal life.

But I love you, yes I love you.
But I would never kiss your lips.
'Cause there's a friendship, a lovely kinship.
Here's a tulip to match your eyes.
Oh drinking cheap wine to bosanova.
You're a supernova in the sky.
The Jehovas, in their pull-overs.
Are no Casanovas, like you and I.
Oh happy birthday, happy birthday.
Happy birthday to you.
Oh happy birthday, happy birthday.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Oh happy birthday, little Lisa.
Happy birthday to you."

-jens lekman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my talented friend. Now that you are officially grown up, what are you going to do now? Hope that Christmas and today are/were wonderful and every thing a beautiful woman could ask for.

stephanie lee said...

thank you, my dear friend.

with such loving thoughts from all my family and friends, how could a girl be any happier?

much love,
stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hmm, nice poetry there... this was a 'present', re: your friday's post...

___*bow*___
===ribbon===
Hey!

Stuck off highway here at a f---food place Happy birthday on this boxing day

All the box stores I passed r packed - visions of store clerks throwing cheap memory cards and blank dvdr disks at me dancing in my head Wont catch me dead being door-crasher-enticed, thas 4 bleedin sure

I am guessing 21 is drinking age where you are - Florida, mais oui I recall my twentieth living in Montreal - now THERE is a place worth going out for a drink... pop to the corner store for a bottle, sit at a table on the street at a french restaurant and drink in the cosmo culture

Cannot tell exactly if yours is like here... but Ontario is like 'drink beer, be Canadian'; old men drooling over hotties; all about what you drive and how much you make Culture is the game on the widescreen Anyone wonder why some of us r "antisocial"

Anyways, wish I could find some better 'words of encouragement' or whatever... Long life and happiness to you Handset battery is low... no connectivity here on the highway Have to try and upload to your blog later... Anyways

peace

stephanie lee said...

hello! thank u 4 the cool on-the-road poem. very urgent and high-paced. i like it!

hope y're having a splendid holiday season.

-stephan!e