"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

gold mine gutted

my friend Chels sent me a picture of the dame's demolition. she's sweet and keeps me updated on the state of things back home. she was right to warn me not to cry (but it still didn't stop me from being sad).

the dame in its glory days:
and the vibrant life that once enjoyed that space:
that's me and Chels enjoying our last night at the dame together

me and Ben
enjoying the breeze on a hot summer night.

and this is video of one of my favorite bands, animal collective, playing a show at the dame 2 summers past:



and the dame now:
UPDATE (9/15/08): and the dame now:

(but soon to be revived!)

so it goes, i guess.
-stef

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,

Doing my weekly/monthly drive-by to check in on you.