"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Thursday, September 04, 2008

emotionally disturbed

today, in my grad class on students with emotional disturbances:

the prof: "i worked at a psych ward. in california, we don't lock em up, we just close the door. one of my students had multiple personalities. one of her personalities was a hooker. so, one day she got up to leave. i told her she couldn't go, she had to stay. she told me she was off, she was going to make money. so to get her to stay in class i asked her how much she cost. she said $10. so i gave her the bill and told her she couldn't leave, i just bought her for the hour."

wow.

really puts my day into perspective. (details forthcoming on my first day of teaching – today!)

-stef

No comments: