"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

bag lunch

one aspect of my daily routine that i despise, and perhaps more than i really should, is packing my lunch.


i don't know how eating became such a taxing and boring task. make the sandwich. bag the carrots. wash the apple. pack a snack. pour water into thermos. repeat.

one thing i'm looking forward to about cohabitation with my love next year is the possibility and potential of breathing excitement into currently mundane tasks. lunchtime could be an activity, rather than a chore: making each other lunches, writing notes to slip in with the carrots, swapping apples for dragonfruit.

i imagine a dozen different domestic situations that i want to change next year and i am so, so ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I feel the exact same way about packing my lunch. I've come to hate it even though lunch used to be my favorite meal of the day. Teaching is sucking all of the tiny joys out of my life.

K.