"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Thursday, June 07, 2007

HARRY POTTER SECRETS REVEALED!

so the 7th book of the Harry Potter series is going to be released July 7, 2007. (the 7th book. on 7/7/07. oh JK Rowling, u so clever!)

and a whole MONTH before that time comes, i've got a huuuuge spoiler for you! yes, that's right, u could even call it... a GIANT spoiler:

SOMEONE GETS DATE-RAPED IN THE FINAL HARRY POTTER BOOK!

what, don't believe me? check out this special report from the correspondents at The Onion:

J.K. Rowling Hints At Harry Potter Date Rape

wow, i might actually read it now.

enjoi!
-stephan!e


p.s. my 2 favorite parts:

JK: "it was always my plan to have a character date-raped in the final book, but it was just a matter of deciding out [sic] who, or what, the rapist would be..."

Harry Potter look alike [speculating on who or what the rapist would be]: "giants are aggressive sexually"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(-:

The Daydreamer has been watching the daily show of late and saw this story on. The quote is damning - how dare you jkr! I mean... good for you for raising important topics with kids. No wait, I mean... is this what passes for imagination? (=;

Magic is so cliche.

It is funny, like I almost feel that if she were he, others would be more critical of its success. But I was surprised when my ex, who is anglo bien sur and has a philosophy of wanting to have seven kids with seven different men... and she is on/off social assistance, a very avid reader, and is into tarot cards and stuff... les jus say I thought she and jkr would have a lot in common. But she hates the books and does not want her (3 so far) kids reading them!

Personally, I think some of the best in secular production comes from stuff for kids. Like I actually thought TMNTurtles, to name one, was okay. Wiz of Oz and all that. But something is not quite right at the ole english magical private school...

She should get together with Bono or something! *o*

stephanie lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.