"Fire is motion / Work is repetition / This is my document / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all we've done / We are all all defenses."

- Cap'N Jazz, "Oh Messy Life," Analphabetapolothology

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

holiday surprises

in a chat with my dear friend Brandon:

(my status: "there's a lumberjack in my backyard...")
Brandon:
1:32 PM please tell me that you ACTUALLY have a lumberjack in your yard?!
me: i do indeed
he just mounted the tree
i'm quite confused
Brandon: oooooh my lord. i want to be there
1:33 PM me: i hope he's not ACTUALLY going to cut down that tree
haha
Brandon: take pictures!! and videos!!!
me: oh dear lord, he just cut down a huge branch
and now he's draggin it away...
Brandon: this sounds intriguing
i'm so confused as to what kind of place you live in now haha
me: i wish i had a camera handy, it seems he's on the ground now and running
i'm really confused...
1:34 PM haha, me too!
this is the best moment ever caught on chat
EVER
Brandon: I think i would have to agree!!
i lumberjack running away with a tree branch!
my house is boring
1:35 PM me: haha
mine is too, 'cept for the occasional visitng lumberjack
how very strange indeed
1:36 PM Brandon: ode to having the occasional visiting lumberjack
that would surely make my heart sing

[15 minutes later]

me: hm.. it sounds as if sawing sounds are coming from the other side of hte house now...
what is going on???!!
is he taking limbs for firewood to sell at the store?
i don't understand...

1:48 PM gasp!! he's ringing the doorbell!
what do i do???
Brandon: maybe he needs to go to the emergency room!
or maybe he wants to seduce you
or give you your own lumber back
there are so many possibilities
1:49 PM you should open the door, take a picture, and then close it real fast
that would weird him out
1:50 PM me: haha! i have a picture!
i shall send it post haste
Brandon: did you answer the door?
me: no, it was the fedex guy
so much activity today...


happy holidays from the land of kentucky,
stephanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw a cooper's hawk resting proudly on a tree bend looking about for food on the weekend out back here. I wondered if it was the same one.

Bienvenue a one of the longest nights of the year, eh stephan!e jing. (Which feels like some sort of aMoRpHiSm - like being so principly shamanic I should have a better greeting for an impending solstice???)

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant if it was the same one I saw this time last year in the same spot.